Honey for Asthma
Asthma is a lung disease that causes the airways to inflame and narrow. Its symptoms include wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, and chest tightness. One can cure asthma by taking medication or with the help of some natural treatment. Taking honey for asthma is considered to be good as it has a wide range of amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Honey, when combined with some other ingredients that are commonly available in the market, can prove to be very effective for treating asthma. There are various health benefits that derive from honey and asthma patients can greatly benefit from it.
- Mix some honey and thyme in a bowl. Consume this concoction orally at least a couple of time a day if your airways are inflamed. If the problem is severe you can increase your intake to 8 to 10 times. Care should be taken to ensure that the mixture is at room temperature.
- Honey mixed with cinnamon can provide an effective cure to asthma. Mix together a teaspoon of honey and about half a tea spoon of cinnamon and consume the mixture.
- One teaspoon of honey taken with water everyday is also beneficial.
- Mix together one tablespoon honey, the juice of one small onion (1 tsp), ½ teaspoon Asafetida, and one tablespoon juice of drumstick leaves. Consume this to cure asthma.
- Soak approximately one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds when you go to bed. Add one teaspoon ginger juice and honey to this. Drink this mixture every morning and evening.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with ½ teaspoon of powdered dry sunflower seeds. Consume this mixture at least once or twice everyday.
- Here an interesting tip that uses honey. Asthma patients can hold a jug containing honey under their nose and inhale the air that they come into contact with. They will start breathing more easily.
- Take a teaspoon of paste made from the root of the gourd plant. Mix one teaspoon of honey with this. Consume this each night before going to bed.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey in a mug of warm water and drink this mixture each night before going to bed.
- Take about 7 tablespoon of crushed garlic and horseradish sauce each. To this mixture add 10 tablespoon of butter. To this add 2/12 cups honey and mix this thoroughly. Heat the mixture and let the honey dissolve. Store this in a bottle that is covered tightly. Consume one tablespoon prior to eating your meals.