Honey for Arthritis
Honey has myriad benefits. It is considered to be nature’s miracle. When mixed with different types of herbs and spices, honey can help in curing a variety of ailments and diseases. Today, people all over the world have accepted honey as an effective medicine and beauty aid. In fact, even diabetic patients can consume in moderation and not get affected by it. A child as young as one year old can be given honey as medicine, and the elderly who find it difficult to deal with medications that are toxic, can consume honey. These healing effects are also demonstrated in the relationship between honey and arthritis.
Honey has an enzyme that helps produce hydrogen peroxide, which is a disinfectant. This is why honey has properties that are antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiseptic. Hydrogen peroxide also helps regulate the supply of oxygen to cells thus speeding up the healing process. You can take honey for arthritis, honey for hair loss, honey for toothaches, and many other problems. Most people opt for these home remedies as there are no side effects.
Try using honey for arthritis and see the benefits you can get from it. Here are a few tips to help you get relief from arthritis.
- Mix lukewarm water and honey in equal proportions (ratio 1:1). To this, add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this mixture on the parts that are affected and massage well. You will find that you feel a lot better within 20 minutes or so.
- Drink a glass of water to which you have added cinnamon powder and honey. This will help relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice to a cup of water and mix well. Drink this twice a day to get relief from arthritis.
- Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with two teaspoonfuls of honey should be added to a glass of water and consumed before a meal. This can help treat arthritis.
- Take one tablespoonful of honey. To this add half teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix the two well in a small bowl. Gather this mixture on a spoon and eat it two times during the day. The results are just amazing.
In addition to these tips that use honey for arthritis, try cutting down on your intake of unsaturated fat. This can be done by following a vegetarian diet. In addition keeping away from stress can help control the occurrence of arthritis. Do consult a doctor in addition to using these home remedies to treat arthritis.